Sweet friends, I cannot imagine a more suitable episode to share with you on the Scorpio full moon!
My conversation with Jennifer was deep, beautiful and full of gems about the following:
- Supporting survivors with breathwork, body based writing workshops and herbalism
- Working through grief and trauma while nurturing resilience
- The creative process behind the anthology Queering Sexual Violence and why its so important to make support for survivors more inclusive
- The power of being truly witnessed
- Psychedelic experiences and how they can completely alter the way we understand our lives
- Working with poison medicine
Jennifer Patterson is a grief worker who uses plants, breath, words to explore survivorhood, body(ies) and healing. A queer and trans affirming, trauma-informed herbalist and Breathwork facilitator, Jennifer offers sliding scale care as a practitioner through her own practice Corpus Ritual and is a member of The Breathe Network and Breathwork for Recovery. She facilitates writing and Breathwork workshops at healing centers, LGBTQ centers, a Hasidic and Orthodox Jewish healing center, a needle exchange and harm reduction clinic, veterans hospitals, online with the Transformative Language Arts Network, sexual violence resource centers, the collective What Would an HIV Doula Do?, and at colleges and universities. She is the editor of Queering Sexual Violence: Radical Voices from Within the Anti- Violence Movement (2016), lectures across the country, and has had writing published in places like OCHO: A Journal of Queer Arts, Nat. Brut, The Establishment, HandJob, and The Feminist Wire with new publications forthcoming. She is also the creative nonfiction editor of Hematopoiesis Press. A graduate of Goddard College’s MA program, Jennifer is finishing a book project focused on translating embodied traumatic experience through somatic practices and critical and creative nonfiction. You can find more at ofthebody.net.
Enjoyed this episode and want more magic? You can support the Daydreaming Wolves Patreon and receive monthly ritual kits kits for a pledge of $3 or more.